Independent Internal Auditor at ING Mortgage Bank
As an independent internal auditor, you will be responsible for audit function in ING Mortgage Bank. You will prepare Audit Strategy, audit plans and conduct audits. This means that you will be responsible for identification of key risks, assessing the design and the operating effectiveness of controls across the mortgage bank and issuance of audit reports.
To achieve necessary independence you will be reporting directly to the President of Supervisory Board of ING Mortgage Bank and for day-to-day administrative purposes to the President of Management Board of ING Mortgage Bank.
As an independent internal auditor, you have an in-depth knowledge of banking environment. You use your strong analytical skills to identify the areas of focus within our audit strategy and individual audits. You are naturally proactive, critical and curious, and you search for missing information on your own initiative. You have strong verbal and written communicative skills and interpersonal capabilities. Therefore, you know how to ask the right questions and get the right information, even when you have to overcome resistance. You are accurate, creative in your solutions and you describe yourself as a team player who is capable of working in international teams, as well as independently when the task at hand requires this. Also, you are keen on self-development.
- a master degree, preferably in banking or finance areas;
- minimum 6 years of audit experience (internal or external audit), allowing for the risk assessment and effectiveness of the audit in the Bank's operations;
- professional audit certification (CIA is a plus);
- in-depth knowledge of bank processes and bank regulatory requirements including mortgage bank;
- strong business acumen;
- ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- highly developed analytical skills and high synthesis skills;
- highly developed written and verbal communication skills to motivate, influence and negotiate, with the ability to challenge at a senior/executive level when necessary;
- high motivation, pro-active and results-oriented attitude;
- ability to manage change and to work in stressful conditions;
- experience with international organisations;
- excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with SAS skills a plus;
- excellent written and spoken Polish and English.
- to develop semi-annually the Audit Strategy and translate it into objectives of individual audits;
- to prepare a long-term and short-term audit plans, based on risk analysis and presented to the Management Board, the Audit Committee and the Supervisory Board of ING Mortgage Bank;
- to conduct internal audits according to audit methodology, Polish law, IIA standards and ethical principles and sign off audit reports;
- to identify the irregularities and issuing recommendations and their registration in a risk monitoring application;
- to verify the effective implementation of recommendations issued for the Mortgage Bank by internal and external audits as well as by other external auditors, including the Financial Supervision Authority;
- to prepare a periodic report on the update of the annual audit plan, together with information on the most important recommendations identified in the reporting period and presenting it to the Management Board, the Audit Committee and the Supervisory Board of ING Mortgage Bank;
- to ensure quality of audit tasks within audit function;
- to cooperate with the Internal Audit Department at ING Bank Śląski S.A.
At ING, we realise that qualitative growth means that we always have to have the best people in the best positions. That's why we will invest in your personal growth and development. We will ensure that you are up to date on the key developments in your field and that you continue to improve your performance. However, we do expect you to take the initiative on this score. We are happy to support you in your further development and we offer you international career opportunities.
This is a full-time position of 40 hours week in Katowice. ING offers an attractive employee benefits package with excellent fringe benefits that more than meet market conditions.